Last Saturday night we were invited to the Utah Symphony by some friends, the Young's. It was actually Erik and Dave who were communicating, making plans etc. So, naturally i really had no idea what we were going to. Erik couldn't remember what symphony it was, where it was, what they were playing, nothing. So i thought who knew i could be going to a high school symphony concert!? So it started snowing and instead of riding up with our friends we had to meet them there and i had not dressed warm enough so i was freezing and my shoes were giving me a blister...needless to say i was very grumpy and not excited at all about whatever this symphony thing was we were going to see.
Well we walked into Abravanel Hall and things immediately starting looking up. First of all that is the most beautiful concert hall i have ever been in, and secondly we were greeted by our wonderful friends the Young's. (we were so late i was worried we were not even going to end up sitting by them.) Then i look at my ticket and see that it says Broadway music night, that immediately cheered me up. I thought i can make it through 20 orchestra pieces if they are fun Broadway music. Then i noticed on the program that there were vocalists. I cannot even start to describe how much i loved this performance. We got to listen to the beautiful Utah Symphony as they accompanied vocalists that at actually been on BROADWAY!!! They were so amazing.
First there was Melissa Errico who starred in My Fair Lady and Sound of Music. (she will also be on the Martha Stewart show performing and cooking on May 9th-don't miss it!) Then there was Debbie Gravitte who has won a Tony Award for best featured actress in a musical. And last was Marc Kudisch who has starred and nominated for 2 Tony awards in Thoroughly Modern Millie, and Chitty, Chitty Bang, Bang. He was also Chauvelin in The Scarlett Pimpernel and Gaston in Beauty and the Beast. This performance was amazing and so exciting. I felt like i got to see little snippets of 20 different Broadway shows. They even acted out some songs. It was so fun! Erik looked over at me after the first few numbers and was laughing at me because i had this huge choir/theatre dork grin on my face. It was all i could do not to start singing along with them!
So yes there is more. I am the nerd that made my friends wait in line after the show to meet these stars. I am serious. I was so excited, i was shaking when i met them. I even said the cheesy line "i want to be you when i grow up" come on who says that! So here is my signed program and picture with them as proof of either my coolness or insanity! But regardless they made that a fantastic night. It made me rethink my career as a nanny...i think i want to be in show business. haha. Anyways, so now i am kinda embarrassed this is what my first post is about, but i had a great night at the Utah Symphony and now i am going to go rent a bunch of musicals and watch them all weekend! :) 

8 comments:
You are so funny Nichole! I cant wait to read more about you guys!
Well I just learned somthing new! I had no idea you were into music or theatre. Funny how you can know but not know a cousin. sounds like a great night and a good husband. I would have to tie mine up and drag him to ever get him to something that involved an orchestra. haha Hillary
Sounds like so much fun. Looks like you've got the hang of the bog thing. I can't wait to see more posts.
Yay for blogs! Now I can leave random comments on your blog all the time! :) Just kidding.
P.S. It's really easy to make cute stuff for it...I can come over and show you sometime!
It is great to be able to read about how you are doing! Thanks for stopping by my blog! We are freezing to death out here in Nebraska but I guess it really gives you some perspective on what the pioneers went though! We love living here most of the year though! I'm glad things are going well for you. What lucky people to have you as their nanny!
Musicals.... awe.. love it! When I went to New York I saw Les Mis... Ya... I was in love.... Great blog! You are now officially added to my blog. :)
I'm glad you started a blog because now that we moved we don't get to see the Wymount gang that often! I'm glad to hear y'all had a fun date night!
You gyus are such a cute couple. I'm glad you found my blog....so i could find yours!!! Keep in touch!
Post a Comment